In Primary, we have two counselors: Adriana Patiño (2nd and 3rd grades) and Natalia Remolina (4th and 5th grades). Their role as counselors include such tasks as:
- Assisting in the orientation for parents, new students and teachers.
- Organizing conferences and workshops for parents on relevant concerns/issues.
- Providing support for staff on values education.
- Cooperating with ASOPADRES to unify parent support and community spirit.
- Maintaining case records and files on all referred students, respecting the confidentiality of the information.
- Maintaining resources that support the values program.
- Providing counseling for individuals and small groups.
- Giving immediate support to students facing personal problems related to home and school.
- Assisting in the entrance admissions process.
- Coordinating the sex education and substance abuse prevention programs.
- Working jointly with Learning Support Services staff to help process referrals for internal or external intervention and participate in the parent teacher conferences.